Administrator's Guide to Setting Up Your MATE Account
General Account Settings
Creating and changing users
Roles and permissions
App branding & App settings
Event overview page
Quickstart - Create your MATE Complete event quickly
Event status – Draft, Active and Archived Events
The event overview
The field of action
The preview for creating e-mails or web pages
Using the correct image sizes
The search function
Email and Domain Setup
Create a new email address as sender in the account settings
Creation of a new webpage domain
Managing email addresses
Creating multiple sender email addresses and website domains
Service hours, Data Protection and IT Security
Create Events and Guests
Create a new event
Create and edit attributes
Default attribute values
Create guests manually
The Guest import with Excel
Create guest categories (segmentation)
Insert links for virtual meetings into e-mails (module: virtual event)
The email types
The Email template LA LUNA
The email templates
Creating an invitation email using the template Modern
The Guest salutation
The Wallet-/ Passbook ticket
The salutation assistent
Use your own form of address
The Email Log
Basics for the successful delivery of e-mails
Send a test e-mail
The attributes of the guest list
Registration Page and Event Reception
Templates for your webpage
The registration form
Show and hide form fields
Enter accompanying persons
Colors and Design
Contents and modules
The Event Reception - the feature for virtual and hybrid events
Linking/Disconnection MATE with Zoom
Invitation and Event Management
The invitation- and ticket code
Sending emails (email dispatch wizard)
The Dashboard for your event
Postponing/ Cancelling of events
The confirmation status of your guests
Evaluate and export the KPI´s of your event
Edit guest information and change the status manually
Create and change accompanying persons with the guest
Individual limitation of accompanying persons
The timely filtering of acceptances and declines
Tracking of email opening rates
Check-in via batch function (multiple selection)
The guest source: an indicator of success for your communication
On site / The Check-In App
The MATE App
The check-In of companions
The print settings
Setting up a printer setup
Possible solutions for troubleshooting during the on-site check-in
Tips & Tricks
The use of placeholders outside the HTML-Editor
CSS & Java Scripts for website customisation
The reduction of the spam probability of my emails
Pictures from my email are not displayed (correctly)
Customize headlines and text with HTML
Duplicate event and use as template
Duplicating e-mails and save time
Insert stock photos into emails
Create E-mail invitation for a series of events
Best Practice: Attendance documentation with MATE
MATE 2.0 Roadmap
How can I filter acceptances and declines by time?
How can I postpone an event?
How can I cancel an event?
How can I change the user language?
How can I sign up for the MATE Newsletter?
How can I give feedback on MATE?
Which products (licenses) can I purchase?
Email configuration and sending
How do I create a new email address as sender in my account?
How can I create multiple sender email addresses and website domains within one account?
Why do my emails not reach the customer?
How can I reduce the spam probability of my emails?
Why are pictures from my email not (correctly) displayed?
Why can I not save my changes to the website?
How can form fields be shown and hidden (checkbox, dropdown, radio button)?
How can I edit the display of the date in the countdown (website)?
How can I edit the color settings of the countdown?
How do I set up a new website domain?
MATE Setup and Check-In
How do I put a setup into operation?
Which printers can I use at check-in?
How can I undo a Check-In?
Data protection and security
Why do I have to include my imprint and privacy statement on MATE's emails and websites?
How is DSGVO conformity ensured with MATE?
How can I send information automatically to the guests by e-mail?
Updated by Christian Schulz
You create appealing emails for your event, but then you get a feedback that the pictures of your emails cannot be displayed? There can be various reasons for this.
In the following we have compiled some reasons and suggested solutions for what you or your customers can do if the images in the e-mails are not displayed. It is usually due to the settings of your e-mail clients if images are not displayed in e-mails. Here are a few tips and tricks:
- Various e-mail programs such as Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes often block the automatic downloading of images in unknown e-mail messages. This is a security measure to prevent possible tracking. You can remove this automatic block using the settings of the e-mail client. Here you will find general instructions on how to remove the automatic block in Microsoft Outlook. Also, ask your guests to add your sender email address to their contacts, so that the emails you send are not classified as foreign or unknown by the email client.
- Even when using the email program Gmail, the display of image files in the emails may be blocked. In this case the HTTPS settings of the program must be switched off. You can read an explanation here.
- Another reason could be that faulty image files or incorrect links to the images were sent by you as the sender. The MATE system will help you to upload the image files correctly and to feed them into your e-mails. When embedding images and logos during the configuration of e-mails, always use the preview function offered by MATE so that you can check that your image files are displayed correctly. In addition, please always use the optimum image size in pixels suggested by MATE, as this is the only way to ensure that your images are displayed correctly and without errors.
- Sometimes the problem can also be due to the browser and the settings of your Internet browser. Often these error messages occur when updating or installing a new browser. This can be the case with Internet Explorer, for example. Here too, you can change the browser settings, for example by resetting the Internet browser. You can read instructions on how to do this here.
- It may also help to delete the cookies in your browser before you try to open the image again.
- If guests on mobile devices use an e-mail client app, you can also set it to block the downloading of images. For example, there are settings that say that images from e-mails are only downloaded when using WLAN connections. This is a protective measure to reduce the consumption of mobile data volume. These settings can also be changed on your mobile devices.