Create and edit attributes
The following section introduces attributes and explains how you can sort by attributes.
Each piece of information that you assign to your guests is created in MATE as a separate attribute. So attributes are information of your guests/event.
MATE distinguishes between master attributes such as contact data and freely definable information, for example table number or seat.
There are three different ways to create an attribute:
- by importing guest information from an Excel spreadsheet. MATE automatically recognizes individual, not yet existing information from Excel and transfers it to the CMS on request. You can find further explanations on importing guest information here.
- manually on the CMS page of the corresponding event under guests>Attribute and by clicking on the button 'Create Attribute'.
- during website configuration when linking form elements in the configuration step registration form. Please remember that form elements of the registration form of the website are usually always linked with an attribute. This means that when you create a new form element, the system not only displays all existing attributes, but also allows you to create new attributes during this step. For more information about this module of the Web page configuration, see here.
Creating an attribute manually
To create a new attribute manually for an event, open the corresponding CMS start page of the event and go to Guests > Attributes and click on "Create attribute".
Now you can define all relevant information of the new attribute:
First enter the name of the attribute (this is a mandatory field), define the attribute type and decide whether the attribute should be visible in the iOS app later on.
You can choose from the following attribute types.
- Yes/No Value
Next, you can specify default values that are then linked to the attribute. You would like to create the attribute "food preferences" so that your guests can send you culinary preferences directly when they register for the event later. These individual values, which are assigned to your attribute, can later be selected directly by the guest during registration (for example, in a drop-down menu or a radio button within the registration form on the website).
Let's stick with the new attribute "food preferences". We want to provide three choices and therefore create the values "Meat", "Vegetarian" and "Vegan". You can simply type in values and finish the input of a value with the Enter key and start with a new one.
If you now click on 'Create', the new attribute is created and appears in the attribute overview of your event.
You can edit attributes using the following functions:
- Actions (use the pencil icon to edit attributes; use the trash can to delete the attribute).
- Sorting (You can sort your attributes simply by holding down the mouse button and dragging the attribute to the desired position. It is important that you do not click on the attribute, but only hold your mouse pointer over it).
The individual editing of an attribute
If you want to edit or adjust a certain attribute individually, simply click on the corresponding attribute in the overview. A mask opens with all information about the selected attribute, which you can now adjust manually. Please remember to always save your changes before you close the mask again.
You can select several attributes in a bundle and delete them simultaneously using the action field:
Deleting these attributes, such as the salutation attribute in this example, is only possible again once you have ensured that it is not used in any of the locations just mentioned (for example, within the registration form on the website). The system displays the following in